Buffalo, NY: Eli Tomac did exactly what he had to do at
the final round of the 2018 AMA Motocross national championship: He survived
the muddy conditions of the Ironman National in Indiana, kept his eye on the
prize, and rode two solid motos to win the 2018 450 Motocross championship.
Tomac has now earned two 450 MX titles in a row.
He was dominant the entire season, taking 15 moto wins out of 24, and five
overall victories in the 12 round series. His championship was also a part of a
Dunlop sweep of every AMA Pro Supercross and Motocross championship for the
ninth consecutive year. Along with Aaron Plessinger’s 250 Motocross championship
last weekend, this marks a sweep of championships in a single year by former
Team Dunlop Elite riders.
The national Team Dunlop Elite
record now includes 14 championships, including six 250 Supercross titles, and
eight national motocross titles:
- Aaron Plessinger: 250 West SX, 2018
- Justin Hill: 250 West SX, 2017
- Justin Bogle: 250 East SX, 2014
- Justin Barcia: 250 East SX, 2011, 2012
- Eli Tomac: 250 West SX, 2012
- Eli Tomac: 450MX, 2018, 450MX, 2017; 250MX,
- Aaron Plessinger: 250MX 2018,
- Blake Baggett: 250MX, 2012
- Ashley Fiolek: WMX 2009, 2011, 2012
For sponsorship opportunities and more
information, visit TeamDunlop.com.
Dunlop is the largest supplier of original
equipment and replacement motorcycle tires in the U.S.A. For more information,